Sunday, September 23, 2007

Welcome Autumn


I thought I'd celebrate the first day of Autumn by making some Pear Bread. I was quite pleased at how it turned out!!


Pear Bread


2 or 3 fresh pears
1/2 c. salad oil
1 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 c. sour cream
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. chopped nuts
Pare and halve and core pears. Chop to get one cup of fruit. Beat oil and sugar together; blend well. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add sour cream and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to sugar mixture. Blend well. Add nuts and pears and mix. Bake at 350 degrees in greased 9x5 loaf pan 1 hour. Let cool 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan.



I also got out all of my Harvest decor. Can't wait to buy some pumpkins...I have a lot of neat ideas for them this year...besides eating them! I've had fun the last few days going through old magazines and finding neat ideas for Fall decor. I just plain love Fall. We went to the Harvest Festival in Lewiston yesterday. Didn't end up buying anything but a bottle of Cranberry wine and an old black plaster framed mirror, it's very heavy and needs quite a bit of cleaning up. I'll try to get pics up later of that and me do hair-do! I got it colored, highlighted and cut.


Ok, I'm off to do a bit of cleaning and to find some recipes for some kind of Italian Turkey cutlets to make for dinner tonight....ciao!!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

oh pear bread...never heard of that before. I´ll have to try that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...